ANSTI/DAAD Post-Graduate Fellowships
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) a publicly funded, self-governing oragnisation of the institutions of higher learning in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes. DAAD cooperates with ANSTI by offering a number of in-region scholarships for Masters and Ph.D degrees. Thedeadline for application is the 31st May 2013 .
Participants in the programme must be from ANSTI member institutions and may not exceed the age limit of 36 years by date of nomination. Applicants may not apply for studies in their home countries.
Fellowships, which cover fees, subsistence and international travel, are awarded to staff of ANSTI member institutions ( View ANSTI Members ) for postgraduate studies (M.Sc. or Ph.D) at African universities for staff development.
Fellowships are awarded to sub-Saharan African nationals for studies outside the applicants’ home countries.
The initial award of the fellowships covers one year. Extension is possible up to two years for Masters courses or more for Ph.D studies upon successful completion of previous year.
- Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a good bachelors degree (at least 2nd class upper division).
- Applicants must obtain official admission to the host university prior to his/her application for the fellowship.
How to apply
- You can apply for ANSTI/DAAD scholarship award online http://anstigrants.unon.org/daad/real.php?i=1
- View previous ANSTI/DAAD Fellowships award status http://anstigrants.unon.org/daad/realvp.php?i=10&d=
- You may download and print a ANSTI/DAAD scholarship application (PDF). http://anstigrants.unon.org/daad/
Further details can be found on http://anstigrants.unon.org/daad/